Monday, March 7, 2011

To Marty Gold: Get on with life.


For those of you who happen to be following some of Winnipeg's more popular blogs, you will know that Marty Gold, host of the Great Canadian Talk Show, was removed from Red River College station Kick-FM unceremoniously, late last year.  It was a controversial decision by the new RRC president Stepthanie Forsyth.

Now I do not agree with how you were removed from the station, and it was likely very unfair.  However, I have advice I must give to you:  "Get Over It!"  Is it worth blogging about how you were victimized over and over again for the last 4 months?  There have been greater tragedies in life.

Shit happens.  It's life.  Get back on your feet, dust yourself off, and get another job at a different talk radio station.  Constantly moaning about how you were wronged just makes you look bad.  It's also not good for your mental health to dwell on it obsessively.  

Enjoy life Marty, and good luck with future endeavors.   I just ask you to move on.  It's over.  

3 comments:

  1. I agree.. but disagree.

    The way he was fired, something was very wrong with that and some of the information he has put out about the subject is very telling.

    Most of it however is tripe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with what you are saying. it was unfair, and dishonest the way he was let go. I have lost much respect for the WFP news department. However, he has to let it go.

    Marty is an intelligent guy, and needs to just move on and get a timeslot with another local radio station. It's not worth the fight. It's just a college radio station.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to see that asshole gone after he singled me out on air and I am not in the public sphere..

    ReplyDelete